What Are the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater?
As a homeowner, you’re most likely seeking innovative methods to save money each month. If you’re anything like us, a good portion of your bills is related to water usage. If you have a large family, everyone must bathe or shower. That eats away at your hot water supply! At least that’s the way things used to be. Today, tankless water heater technology has changed how families receive hot water in the home. There’s no more long wait times, no more cold showers. It’s a perfect time to be alive!
If you’re considering a tankless water heater, you must carefully weigh the pros and cons beforehand. Thankfully, water heater manufacturers made this task easier. They’ve made tankless models mostly beneficial to homeowners.
- Federal tax rebates up to $300
- A never-ending supply of hot water
- An extended lifespan when compared to traditional water heaters
- Tankless units are more efficient
- Units take up less space and may be installed on walls or even outside with an anti-freeze kit
- Requires less power to heat the necessary amount of water
- Save up to 20 percent off your monthly water heating bill
- No greenhouse gases
How They Work
A tankless water heater operates without the use of a conventional storage tank. Instead, once a hot water tap is activated in the house, the cold water travels through a single pipe and into the central unit. Depending on the type of tankless unit, a gas burner or electric system will heat the water before it is distributed throughout the house.
The typical model provides hot water at a rate of around 2-5 gallons per minute, which is more than enough for a normal household.
If you’re considering a tankless water heater, contact Rick’s Plumbing for expedited, professional service at 203-874-6629. We’ll discuss the possibilities with you!