When you remodel a kitchen or a bathroom you are confronted with a plethora of options. At Rick’s Plumbing, we want to help you make the right choices during a remodel or anytime you need to replace a plumbing fixture. Choosing the right plumbing fixture is all about finding the right combination of quality and price, while achieving the look you’re after. Today, we specifically want to discuss how to choose the right faucet in Milford.
Aspects to Consider When Choosing a Faucet
- How the Faucet Was Made – In most cases a faucet created using a cast molding will be more durable than one pressed in a machine.
- Interior Components – Even the most stylish, expensive-looking faucet could have cheap plastic components inside. A faucet with quality components inside will be more likely to stand up to being turned off and on many times. Furthermore, a quality valve will help to prevent abrupt changes in water temperature as you switch from cold water to hot water. This is extremely important because it can prevent people from being scalded.
- The Number of Handles – This is a matter of personal preference. Most bathrooms and showers are now equipped with single-handle faucets, but if you prefer, you can opt for a faucet with a handle for hot water and a handle for cold water. In this case, consider whether you’d like the two handles mounted together or if you’d like a widespread faucet which has each handle and the spout all mounted separately. Typically, widespread faucets cost more.
- Finishing – Common finishes include: stainless steel, gold plating, pewter, polished brass, chrome, brushed chrome, and powder-coated enamel. Polished brass will shine nicely, chrome will resist tarnish, and powder coating can be produced in a variety of colors. While you do want to choose a good finish, keep in mind that the best finishes will be on the more expensive faucets.
- Warranty – In a world where nothing lasts forever, it’s great if you can find a faucet that offers a lifetime warranty from leaks.
We’re aware that knowing the ins and outs of faucets might make it even more difficult to choose one, but our Milford, CT plumbing company is here to help. Our plumbers have been doing faucet repairs and installations long enough to know which faucets can stand up to the test of time. Just give Rick’s Plumbing a call for friendly advice and faucet installation!