Burst Pipe or Frozen Pipe Repair in Milford CT, Call Our Experts Today
The potential damage from a burst pipe
Picture this: It’s below freezing outdoors. Your home’s heating system has been on the fritz for a while. And suddenly you hear a sudden rush of water. Do you feel panicked yet? The potential damage from a burst pipe can be catastrophic if you wait for water leak repair. In the event of pipe bursts, trust in the team at Rick’s Plumbing to come to the rescue!
I would recommend Rick's plumbing ,because of them.
What causes a pipe to burst?
A frozen pipe is almost always the culprit for pipe bursts. High water pressure can also lead to a burst pipe, as well as small leaks that build up pressure over time. When you experience a burst pipe, call Rick’s Plumbing right away. Our team of technicians are available around the clock to provide emergency services for whenever you’re in need.
Why do frozen pipes burst?
You’ve likely heard that frozen pipes are more likely to burst. But not many people explain the reasoning behind this common event. Think of water in an ice cube tray. When you fill the tray, the water is typically at or below the level of the surface. Hours later, when you pull the ice cube tray from the freezer, the ice has likely formed well above the surface. The same is true for water in your pipes. When water freezes in your plumbing, it expands – causing the pressure to build within the pipe and pipe bursts to occur.
Burst pipe is an emergency
A burst pipe is an emergency plumbing situation that should be acted upon immediately. Even if you suspect a pipe might be on the verge of a pipe burst due to a frozen pipe, please give us a call. Frozen pipes can be thawed to prevent pipe bursts, but this should always be done by a trained professional to avoid other damages!
Prevent burst pipes
The best way to prevent burst pipes is to make sure your pipes never reach a freezing point. Keeping your home at or above 55ºF will allow water to continue flowing smoothly within your plumbing system. You should also be aware of the potential hazards of hard water and install a whole home water softener if necessary to prevent unwanted residue from building up and causing pressure within your pipes. And speaking of pressure, water pressure should always be kept at or below 60 psi. (The recommended amount is 40 to 45 psi.)
Why choose us
Rick’s Plumbing is the best choice for burst pipe repair and water leak repair. But don’t just take our word for it! We rest our claim on the hundreds of satisfied customers we have had the pleasure of serving in Connecticut.
- Licensed. Each member of the Rick’s Plumbing team is licensed and highly skilled in all areas of plumbing.
- Experienced. We have decades of experience in solving plumbing problems and installing and repairing plumbing systems in homes and businesses alike.
- Reputation. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we have received positive word of mouth for decades from hundreds of satisfied neighbors.
- Affordable service. Every service we provide is done with the customer in mind, which is why we offer affordable pricing for each plumbing service we offer.
- Upfront pricing. There are no surprises or hidden fees when it comes to the service you receive from Rick’s Plumbing. Upfront pricing is yet another reason why you can trust in a job done right!