Local Plumbing Leak Detection Experts in Milford CT
The Signs of a Leak
Looking for leak detection? If you’re not sure whether or not a leak exists in your plumbing, there are a few ways to find out. While some leaks are obvious, hidden leaks can wreak havoc on your plumbing system and are often left undetected until it’s too late. It is important to remember that the signs of a leak vary depending on the severity of the issue. Here are a few things to look out for:
- High water bills
- Mold or mildew on walls
- Soft spots or bubbling paint
- Stained or damaged walls or ceilings
- Sound of running water
I would recommend Rick's plumbing ,because of them.
Prevent Plumbing Leaks
While a leaky pipe isn’t a completely avoidable problem, there are several ways to prevent plumbing leaks.
High water pressure is a common culprit for plumbing leaks. We recommend keeping your water pressure below 80 p.s.i. to avoid a burst pipe. Rick’s Plumbing and our team of technicians can test your supply pressure to ensure it is within recommended parameters.
Speaking of your home’s water source, it’s important to note that hard water (or water with high mineral content) can lead to corrosion within your water pipes. Installing a whole home water softening system can prevent this buildup, thus prolonging the life of your plumbing lines.
Another way to prevent plumbing leaks is to replace appliance hoses before they fail! Washing machine hoses have a lifespan of roughly five years. If you can’t remember the last time yours was replaced, it’s probably time to call in the professionals!
The last but certainly not least (or least common) cause for plumbing leaks is frozen pipes. Be sure to keep the temperature of your home at or above 55 degrees (F) and insulate all exposed lines. Keeping your taps open slightly can also prevent plumbing damage by letting pressure escape while enduring freezing temperatures.
Our Leak Detection and Repair Process
When you suspect a plumbing leak, it’s best to call in the professionals. DIY leak repairs often fail to fix the entire problem, which means further damage can be lurking in the background undetected. When you trust our team of technicians at Rick’s Plumbing, you can rest assured that our leak detection specialist will find the source of your leak and solve it correctly. We use the latest technologies to find leaks – even hidden leaks – and assess any property damage that might have been caused as a result. We can even utilize underground leak detection for leak locating in the most inconspicuous locations.
Different Types of Plumbing Leaks
Not all line leaks are created equal. Plumbing leaks can happen to even the most cautious homeowners. Knowing the different types of plumbing leaks is a great way to be educated on how to prevent them – and how to stop them quickly if and when they occur.
- Water Line Leak. A water line leak can lead to extensive property damage if not found and fixed promptly. Water line leaks can often be detected by a hissing or rumbling sound in your pipes, or by a sudden drop in water pressure. In the case of a water line leak, we recommend shutting off the water from the source and giving us a call. Our professional leak detection specialists are available 24/7 for every emergency plumbing need.
- Gas Leak. Gas leaks are a potentially dangerous situation and one that should be acted upon quickly. If you suspect a gas leak within your home, do not attempt a DIY leak repair! In the case of a gas leak, quickly open up windows and doors, leave the area and evacuate all members of your home, and call the gas company. Then, call your local Rick’s Plumbing technicians so we can get started on solving the problem.
- Slab Leak. Slab leaks, depending on their severity, are one of the most costly leaks to repair. Slab leaks occur when a line leak occurs under the concrete slab of your home’s foundation, causing water loss and potentially extensive property damage. Whether caused by water lines or sewer lines, Rick’s Plumbing has the expertise to fix the problem quickly to prevent further damage to your home.
- Hidden Water Leak. Hidden leaks can be catastrophic for your home’s plumbing system. When left undetected, a hidden water leak can lead to extreme water loss, property damage, and, as a result, an increase in your utility bills. Rick’s Plumbing employs professional leak detection specialists to perform leak locating services and find hidden leaks before they wreak unnecessary havoc on your home’s plumbing. Whether it is a utility line leak, a problematic leaky pipe, or an underground hidden leak, our leak locating services will get to the source of the problem.
Why Choose Us
Don’t trust just anyone to solve your plumbing problems. At Rick’s Plumbing, customer satisfaction is our top priority. Our team of plumbing professionals is licensed and experienced in all residential and commercial plumbing needs. Our reputation is based on decades of service to satisfied customers in Connecticut, with affordable service and upfront pricing for every plumbing project. Whether you need leak detection or a complete pipe replacement, you can trust in Rick’s Plumbing.