Affordable Gas Leak Detection and Leak Repair Service in Milford CT by Ricks Plumbing
First of all, if you suspect a gas leak, please follow this:
- Open doors and windows in your home to get some fresh air flow.
- Evacuate yourself and remove any other people or pets from the property.
- If it is safe to do so, turn off the gas at the mains tap, usually found near the meter.
- Call the gas company, 911, or utility company’s emergency number. (DO NOT make this call from inside the house, as this could potentially ignite the gas.)
- Wait outside at a safe distance from the home.
I would recommend Rick's plumbing ,because of them.
Finding Hidden Gas Leaks: How can you detect a gas leak in your home?
A gas leak in your home can be extremely dangerous. Natural gas leaks are often left undetected, simply because many do not know the warning signs to look out for. To prevent a large-scale gas leak and explosion from happening in your home or business, you should learn how to detect a gas leak. This is easier said than done, however, as it can be dangerous to stay in a home after a gas leak is evident. One way to detect a gas leak is by checking your appliances. Gas stoves showing orange or red flames even after the stove has been lit can be a sign of a gas leak. A teaspoon of dish detergent mixed with one cup of water applied to wherever the leak is suspected can also show you where the gas leak is coming from. Simply look for bubbles forming! A gas leak detector can also be purchased that do the dirty work for you.
Signs of a Natural Gas Leak
A hissing or whistling sound coming from your appliances and gas lines is a common sign of a gas leak, along with visible damage to a gas line connection. The smell of sulfur is another easy way to detect a gas leak in your home, and even a suddenly dying houseplant can let you know that a gas leak exists. If you suspect a gas leak in your home, take the steps listed above and then call Rick’s Plumbing to fix the problem area!
Causes of a Natural Gas Leak
A natural gas leak in your home is often caused by faulty appliances, poorly fitted lines, or improperly maintained appliances. If a seal has gone bad, for instance, it can very easily lead to gas buildup and leaking around the problem area. When you suspect a gas leak, it’s important to get to the root of the problem as quickly as possible to prevent the risk of explosion and major property damage. Rick’s Plumbing has the experience and expertise needed to detect gas leaks and repair them quickly.
Why you need our gas line leak detection experts
Natural gas leaks are stressful to experience, but they don’t have to be a death sentence. Our gas line repair and leak detection experts are highly skilled at finding the source of natural gas leaks. We have the tools and experience necessary to find and fix the problem, as well as provide you with helpful advice to prevent an issue from recurring in the future.
Why choose us
When you are in need of gas line leak detection and gas line repair, or if you are simply unsure whether or not a gas leak exists in your home, you can count on Rick’s Plumbing to help. Our team of talented technicians is available around the clock for plumbing emergencies large and small.
- Licensed Each of our employees is fully licensed and overly qualified to fix virtually any plumbing problem.
- Experienced We have decades of experience in providing quality plumbing services to our neighbors and customers in Connecticut.
- Reputation Our reputation speaks for itself! Hundreds of satisfied customers have trusted Rick’s Plumbing to provide plumbing services in homes and businesses.
- Affordable service Plumbing isn’t the most exciting thing to spend money on, which is why we provide quality service you can count on at prices you can afford.
- Upfront pricing We pride ourselves on providing upfront pricing for every plumbing project we complete. That means no hidden costs and no surprises, with the peace of mind of a job done right every time.