5 Spooky Signs of Lurking Water Leaks in Shelton, CT
Contrary to popular belief, what you don’t know can hurt you. This is especially true when it comes to hidden, lurking water leaks and the water damage caused by them. Knowing how to identify water leak signs can help you save time and money on Shelton, CT plumbing pipe repairs.
For over two decades, the experts at Rick’s Plumbing have been finding and fixing water leaks in New Haven and Fairfield counties. You can trust our experienced plumbers to find and repair even the sneakiest leaks, and we’re happy to help our valued customers do the same by showing them what to look out for!
Here are five spooky signs of hidden and lurking water leaks in Shelton, CT. If you experience any or many of these signs, call Rick’s Plumbing right away for repair!
- Creepy mold and mildew growth Regardless of how clean you keep your home, mold and mildew can still grow in areas dampened by a hidden water leak. Warm, moist areas provide the perfect environment for mold and mildew growth, and even a small leak can provide enough moisture to support a mold colony.
- Cracked or warped flooring and foundation Warped flooring and sudden foundation cracks are telltale signs of hidden water leaks causing structural damage to your home. If you see this, call us immediately to find the repair the source of the water damage.
- Damaged, discolored paint and wallpaper Moisture from a hidden water leak often leads to bubbly, peeling, and splotchy-looking paint and wallpaper. Sneaky, leaking plumbing pipes won’t stay hidden for long once you spot the damage they’re causing to your ceilings and walls.
- Sky high water bills Is your water bill higher than normal despite your best efforts to save money on water? If so, a hidden water leak could be the culprit. Talk about money going down the drain!
- The sound of running water You may not always be able to see a hidden water leak or signs of it, but there are times when you can hear one. If you hear running or dripping water behind your walls it could indicate a leaky plumbing pipe.
The idea of a hidden water leak can be spooky, but ignoring or not knowing the signs of one is even more frightening! For help uncovering the repairing hidden water leaks in Shelton, CT, call Rick’s Plumbing for service right away!