When your home suffers a burst pipe, it’s obvious that you have a water leak, but many leaks aren’t nearly as apparent, and you may not even notice that you have a water leak until damage has already been done. Even a minor water leak in West Haven will cost you money on your water bills and can cause serious water damage over time. If you spot any of these signs of a water leak, contact your local plumber right away!
Signs of Water Leaks in West Haven, CT
- Wet Spots or Discolored Areas of Flooring – In particular, you’ll want to closely inspect floors around your sinks, toilets, showers, and bathtubs.
- An Increased Water Bill – If you receive a water bill that is unusually high, it’s time to call a plumber. You could have a serious water leak in a place you can’t even see it.
- Sounds of Running Water – If you keep hearing water running when it isn’t being used, you may have a water leak. The sound of a running toilet https://www.ricksplumbing.com/blog/why-is-my-toilet-running-norwalk-ct/ is a common indication of a toilet water leak.
- Musty Odors or Visible Mold or Mildew – Leaky pipes can cause damp spots on a floor or ceiling which can lead to mold and mildew growth. If your home continues to smell musty in spite or regular cleaning, there is probably a leak somewhere.
- Poor Water Pressure – When one of your plumbing pipes is leaking, not all of the water that should come out your plumbing fixtures will make it there, so you may experience a decrease in water pressure.
- A Wet Area of Your Lawn – If a portion of your lawn is continuously wet even when there hasn’t been any recent precipitation, you could have a significant water leak.
Conserve water, save money, and prevent water damages by contacting Rick’s Plumbing right away at the first sign of a water leak. We’ll help you to locate the leak and perform the pipe repair or replacement that you need.