New Water Heater Standards Are Coming In April 2015 to Milford, CT and Across the U.S.
Would your current water heater meet the new efficiency standards set to take effect in April 2015? Unless you have a tankless water heater, it’s unlikely your water heater will meet the new standards. Does this mean it’s time to call your Milford plumber in a panic? No, but it does mean that you may want to consider water heater installation sometime sooner than later. It’s okay if your water heater doesn’t meet the new standards, but there’s a reason that the U.S. Department of Energy is mandating the changes—it’s because the new water heaters will waste less energy!
The details about the new 2015 water heater standards:
- The U.S. Department of Energy is requiring all new residential water heaters to have higher energy factor ratings. Residential water heaters manufactured after April 16, 2015 must adhere to the new energy efficiency mandates. This includes gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and instant water heaters.
- The expert plumbers at Rick’s Plumbing can help you get your home up to date with the new 2015 water heater standards; from water heater installation, to repairs and maintenance, we take care of it all in Milford and New Haven.
- The new water heater may take up a bit more room than an older model and therefore may not fit into the same space.
- To install the new water heater, you may need to also alter your ventilation or add in a new outlet, depending on what your home already has. Your Milford plumbing company will be happy to help you assess what is needed.
- Water heater maintenance is always important, but will be even more so when you opt for a new, more sophisticated design.
- The new standard of water heaters will be more efficient, and, although it may cost a bit more upfront, it will help you to save money on your utility bills.
For questions, concerns, or water heater service, call Rick’s Plumbing!